EXPLORE THE ADVENTURES AND ACTIVITIES OF RISHIKESH WITH US.
Fun, adventure, and the great out-of-door experience begins in Rishikesh with rafting. it’s the most popular center for water rafting in India which attracts thousands of adventure seeking tourists every time. River rafting in the holy white water of the Ganga is one of the best water sport in Rishikesh. There are multiple points in Rishikesh that offers this water sport at affordable rates.
River rafting is a water sport which is not only suitable for adults but is safe and fun adventure activity which can be enjoyed with kids and family (mainly at Brahampuri) as well. There are many certified and authorized river rafting companies which provide you best experts and instructors which are available in Rishikesh to make your rafting experience safe and full of thrilling experience.
(NOTE:- Rafting is not safe for pregnant or ill person as it may affect them.)
Rafting in the sacred and turbulent water of Ganga river is the experience you will remember for rest of your life. There are multiple rafting points from where you can start your rafting adventure, depending upon the grade and length of rafting. Grades are meant for adventure lovers they can accordingly choose at what grade they want rafting choosing their preferences and expertise.
River Rafting in Rishikesh is not only famous in local or in India, but is also popular as spiritual and adventure destination for foreign tourists also.
River Rafting Points In Rishikesh
BRAHAMPURI TO RISHIKESH (9KMS) (SHORT AND EASY RAFTING)
The distance from Brahampuri to Rishikesh is the easiest and the short one, around 9kms. It is a Grade I rafting which is meant for the beginners. People of age group around 14-16 yrs, can enjoy this journey. It is closely a good rafting experience with more of fun as it is in river Ganga.
COST PER PERSON- 600/-
SHIVPURI TO RISHIKESH (16KMS) (EASY, BUDGET FRIENDLY, MOST SELLING)
It is located 18kms from Rishikesh, the season for rafting in Shivpuri starts in mid October and ends around June. Rafting from Shivpuri to Rishikesh is 16km, and covers some of exciting quick.
COST PER PERSON- 1000/-
MARINE DRIVE TO RISHIKESH (26KMS) (MOST POPULAR AMONG TOURIST GROUPS)
The boating distance is around 27kms which takes about 2 hours to reach the destination. The rafting journey from Marine Drive to Rishikesh is of moderate level in comparison to Shivpuri ones.
COST PER PERSON- 1500/-
KAUDIYALA TO RISHIKESH (35KMS) (MEDIUM HARD)
We can say that this place is quite challenging as it offers the right amount of adventure to rafters covering 35km distance, this stretch includes both Grade III and Grade IV that put your strength and stamina till 1-4 hours. This is a area meant for well trained rafters.
COST PER PERSON- 2500/-
DEVPRAYAG TO RISHIKESH (75KMS) (VERY HARD, LONG DISTANCE)
This particular rafting from Devprayag needs good physic and stamina. The rafting from Devprayag to Rishsikesh is completed in 2 days, for the first day you will be rafting around 35kms via beas ghat and reaching Kaudiyala for night stay. On next day the another 35kms of distance will be covered till Rishikesh.
COST PER PERSON- 8000/-
River Rafting Grades In Rishikesh
GRADE I RAPIDS
EASY, SMALL WAVES
One of the most popular river rafting is of Grade I, it is most favored rafting option for adventurous and family purpose.
GRADE II RAPIDS
LITTLE DIFFICULT WITH CLEAR PASSAGE
The Shivpuri rafting is categorized under Grade I and Grade II. These grades are medium difficult. It needs a bit of guidance from the experts.
GRADE III RAPIDS
HARD, HIGH WAVES
This rafting area comes under Grade III that brings serious obstacles by including high irregular waves and rocks. The real fun and adventure begin with the Grade III rafting.
GRADE IV RAPIDS
DIFFICULT, POWERFUL WAVES
River rafting catches more action and excitement while paddling through the Grade IV rapids. It offers challenging water and sudden push and these waves can easily topple the raft sometimes. Tourists generally prefers Grade IV rafting, for more adventure and challenges.
Safety Tips During Rafting In Rishikesh
Without any doubt rafting is fun but at the same time it is good to be aware and also, you must be known to the risks involved during rafting, and about safety. If you keep in mind some basic precautions you can enjoy rafting safely.
Below are some DO’s and DONT’s during rafting, if you will follow them you can enjoy rafting safely.
- WEAR LIGHT: Dress accordingly! Wear clothes which are airy and quick drying, and which are light weight. Bring extra pair of clothes along with you.
- WEAR A LIFE JACKET: It is mandatory to wear life jacket to not risk your life.
- WEAR A HELMET: Helmet is must during rafting and every safety equipment provided.
- WEAR PROPER SHOES: Do not wear slippers, flip flop, sneakers, water shoes are best type of shoes for river rafting.
- HELP YOUR FELLOWS BACK: If anything happens like any of your fellow rafter unintentionally fall into the water, do pull them back to the raft.
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTOR: Instructor are going to keep you safe, pay attention to the safety precautions they ask you to follow.
- RAFTING IS A TEAM ACTIVITY: Always follow teammates, never do anything individually.
- DO NOT STAND: During a moving raft, do not stand up at all. If you do so you can fall by chance and can risk your life.
- DON’T DRINK: Do not drink alcohol, or bring it at all, it is dangerous during rafting.
- DON’T BE OVERCONFIDENT: Don’t show your heroic stuff, stunt, or skills to impress other during rafting.
- AVOID UNWANTED PARTICLES: If by chance you see any tree branches or fallen debris avoid them and take other route.
- DO AVOID COTTON CLOTHES: The atmosphere remains windy, and cold. Wearing cotton clothes may catch you cold and fever.
- DO NOT WEAR DAMAGED OR LOOSE LIFE JACKETS: It may affect you safety and risk your life if anything happens during rafting.
- DO NOT RAFT IN FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: Pregnant women, Asthmatic and Heart Patients are restricted for river rafting, if you have any fracture, injuries, or other medical conditions.
Things To Carry While Rafting in Rishikesh
- BATHING SUIT, SHORTS, SANDOS, T-SHIRT
- SUNSCREEN, ANTISEPTIC CREAM, SUNGLASSES
- SNEAKERS, SWIMMING GLASSES
- WATERPROOF CAMERA, OR WATERPROOF BAG FOR YOUR ELECTRONIC DEVICES THAT YOU WANT TO CARRY ALONG WITH YOU.
- PROTEIN BARS, DRINKS, TIGHT LOCK WATERPROOF BAGS
- EXTRA TOWEL, UNDERGARMENTS, PLASTIC CARRY BAG (FOR WET THINGS)
- QUICK DRYING CLOTHES